By Dr Jim Byrne
‘A Wounded psychotherapist’ is the most recent booklet via Dr Jim Byrne. it really is an research of either the adolescence of Dr Albert Ellis (the writer of Rational Emotive Behaviour remedy [REBT]), and the way a few of these formative years reports probably gave upward thrust to sure positive factors of his later philosophy of psychotherapy.
If you've ever puzzled what the roots of REBT could have been, then this can be the e-book for you. It explores the formative years problems of Albert Ellis, and hyperlinks these problems ahead to the ways that REBT was once finally formed.
It additionally pointed out the strengths and weaknesses of REBT, and proposes an schedule for reform of this radical approach of psychotherapy.
Read or Download A Wounded Psychotherapist: Albert Ellis's childhood and the limitations of REBT/CBT PDF
Best adolescent psychology books
Human cognition more and more is coming to be understood and studied as whatever that doesn't unavoidably dwell inside participants, yet really as whatever that evolves via interpersonal verbal exchange. utilizing the interpersonal occasion because the unit of study, the authors of Collaborative Cognition learn how young children interactively co-construct wisdom and methods of realizing in social contexts.
Comparing and Treating Adolescent Suicide Attempters presents a finished evaluation of the emotional, behavioral and cognitive features of young people who've tried suicide. each one bankruptcy opens with a case examine vignette from the author's large scientific documents by way of a precis of the empirical literature.
Equipping clinicians with “sensory smarts” to regard their baby consumers. Many little ones and youths be afflicted by sensory demanding situations, that means that they have got strange reactions to yes sensory studies that almost all folks locate average. those demanding situations can variety from reasonable to severe—from an aversion to vibrant lighting or the texture of whatever remotely abrasive, to preventing brief in panic each time a loud noise or siren is heard, or having an oral tactile sensitivity that forestalls general feeling within the mouth and hinders feeding.
The second one quantity of this SpringerBrief provides a sequence of papers compiled from a convention addressing how after-school courses can advertise confident adolescence improvement (PYD) hosted through Youth-Nex, the college of Virginia heart to advertise potent early life improvement. It examines summer season studying and most sensible practices for various sorts of after-school courses through drawing at the reports of researchers, application employees, and early life members.
- Child and Family Well-Being and Homelessness: Integrating Research into Practice and Policy (SpringerBriefs in Psychology)
- The Therapist's Notebook for Integrating Spirituality in Counseling I: Homework, Handouts, and Activities for Use in Psychotherapy: v. 1 (Haworth Practical Practice in Mental Health)
- Handbook of Depression in Children and Adolescents
- Using Hypnosis with Children: Creating and Delivering Effective Interventions
- Treating Co-occurring Adolescent PTSD and Addiction: Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Adolescents with Trauma and Substance-Abuse Disorders
- La psicoanalisi dei bambini: Nuova edizione rivista e ampliata a cura di H. A. Thorner (Psicoanalisi e civiltà contemporanea) (Italian Edition)
Extra info for A Wounded Psychotherapist: Albert Ellis's childhood and the limitations of REBT/CBT
A Wounded Psychotherapist: Albert Ellis's childhood and the limitations of REBT/CBT by Dr Jim Byrne